Our Firm is one of the Law Firms in the country to have substantial and diverse “hands-on” experience and knowledge in aviation law and particularly in the acquisition, registration and obtainment of all relevant operating licenses of airlines with the respective Cyprus Authorities as well as bespoke experience in commercial operating, leasing and financing of aircrafts. The expertise that we have developed throughout the years in representing airlines and operating lessees enable us to have a clear understanding and perspective of the myriad issues that successful financings in this sector must effectively address.
Our Firm is proud to have been actively involved from airlines’ start-up and issuance of the Operating License and Air Operator Certificate to the negotiations conducted during the deals and transactions either related to aircraft services lease agreements or to software licensing and support agreements and hosting services agreements.
Due to our Firm’s well-rounded and highly desirable experience in this particular specialised area of the law, Eraklis N. Kyriakides LLC is keen to reach its existing and potential clients’ expectations and needs, and to assist them with, but not limited to the following services:
- Preparing and submitting the relevant applications required in order to acquire an Air Transport Certificate by the Air Transport Licensing Authority (“ATLA”);
- Setting up effective legal and corporate structures for the holding and operations of an airline, with due consideration to the regulatory environment;
- Review and draft “Wet” or “Dry” Leases for the purpose of leasing aircrafts to third parties;
- Assistance with the hiring professional personnel specialized in aviation section and eligible to be the nominated persons for DCA’s approval;
- Offering Legal representation in the applicable Courts, including the filing of recourse action to the Supreme Court in the event of a refusal for granting the AOC, OL and approvals by the local competent authorities, particularly DCA and ATLA; and
- Assistance with any preliminary work related to passengers’ claims and legal representation in court for any legal proceedings that may arise in the course of action.
- Assistance with day to day legal issues arising out of an airline’s operations;
- Compliance with aviation regulatory framework; and
- Legal representation before the appropriate activities.